Job Title: Staff Accountant
Classification: Part-Time, Full Time Potential
- Perform Bookkeeping and reconciliations, verify accuracy of data; and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Manage client accounting records.
- Gather and analyze information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Prepare GAAP compliant monthly financial statements.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Perform other client financial functions.
- Serve a go–to person for client business and client’s industry.
- Assign work to interns.
- Assist with audit work, as when needed
- Perform client work as assigned by Senior Accountant
- QuickBooks Advanced Pro Advisor (Desk/Online)
- Sage 50 US Edition
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience or CPA/EA with 1 year of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Data Analytics
- Proven capability in managing relationships with small business owners
- Have patience and empathy
- Committed to clients’ success
Key qualifications and skills
- Takes ownership of work
- Results focused
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Completes work on time
- Committed to excellence and dedication
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative
- Can work independently and collaboratively
- Kind and genuine
- A fast learner
If you are interested in applying for this position, respond to us by email at [email protected]. Include:
1) Resume and three references.
About JS Morlu, LLC CPAs: JS Morlu, a CPA registered firm in Virginia and Washington DC, provides accounting and business advisory services to companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S. and abroad. At JS Morlu, we conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity, trustworthiness, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. JS Morlu offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. JS Morlu is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.