Staff Accountant Intern
Job Title: Tax Accountant/Preparer
Classification: Part-Time, Full Time Potential
- Conduct an in-depth interview with the client to obtain all the required information and material to complete the tax return.
- Prepare and send out engagement letters through our client portal.
- Create and manage client records in the client portal.
- Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Receive and respond to clients’ correspondence including phone and emails.
- Prepare individual and business tax returns utilizing the information provided by the clients, and inputting into tax preparation software.
- Providing IRS audit support & attending audits, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key qualifications and skills
- Takes ownership of work
- Results focused
- Attention to details
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to complete our free tax preparation course
- Committed to excellence and dedication
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Keeps current on and possesses sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative
- Kind and genuine
- A fast learner
- Tax software experience, preferably Drake
- 3 years of experience preparing and filing business and personal taxes, or must be an Enrolled Agent/CPA
If you are interested in applying for this position, respond to us by email at [email protected]. Include:
1) Resume and three references.
About JS Morlu, LLC CPAs: JS Morlu, a CPA registered firm in Virginia and Washington DC, provides accounting and business advisory services to companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S. and abroad. At JS Morlu, we conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity, trustworthiness, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. JS Morlu offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. JS Morlu is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.