Senior Tax Accountant
Job Title: Senior Tax Accountant
Classification: Part-Time, Full Time Potential
- Prepare, review, and sign individual, corporate, partnership, estate and trust tax returns, including reporting of foreign financial accounts.
- Prepare and send out engagement letters to clients.
- Manage all client relationships, serving as the main point of contact for ongoing client management.
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considering the impact of decisions on the customer.
- Review financial records such as income statements, 1099s, documentation of expenditures and previous tax returns to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Identify potential tax credits and liabilities and ensure that accurate and complete tax returns are filed in a timely manner.
- Complete all related tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Ensure the confidentiality of each customer by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
- Respond to tax authority notices and client representation.
- Oversee and supervise multiple engagements in progress simultaneously.
- Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis, and new service opportunities.
- Research complex tax matters and clearly communicate findings and recommendations.
- Seek out cross selling opportunities.
- Support the marketing and sales team by providing inputs into contents for social media posts.
Key qualifications and skills
- Takes ownership of work
- Results focused
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to complete our free tax preparation course
- Committed to excellence and dedication
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Possess a solid command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Keep current on and possessing sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
- Takes initiative, proactive and a self-starter
- Kind and genuine
- Fast learner
- Tax software experience, preferably Drake
If you are interested in applying for this position, respond to us by email at [email protected]. Include:
1) Resume and three references.
About JS Morlu, LLC CPAs: JS Morlu, a CPA registered firm in Virginia and Washington DC, provides accounting and business advisory services to companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S. and abroad. At JS Morlu, we conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity, trustworthiness, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. JS Morlu offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. JS Morlu is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.