Job Title: Senior Accountant
Classification: Part-Time, Full Time Potential
- Takes ownership and manages client relationships, serving as the touchpoint with clients, including quick check-ins.
- Onboard clients efficiently and correctly, across software solutions and online client access set up for client facing solutions.
- Communicate with clients (in person/video teleconference).
- Manage information technology issues, including software.
- Return clients phone calls and emails.
- Review the work of staff accountant, ensuring accuracy and quality
- Assign client work to staff.
- Make sure that system runs smoothly.
- Oversee month-end and year-end closing of general ledger using QuickBooks and Sage 50 US Edition.
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet plus analysis for management reporting
- Lead client meetings.
- Develop, manage and monitor corporate budgets and financial forecasting.
- Review financial results (benchmarks, trends, performance metrics).
- Show dedication to continuous improvement of the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare regulatory reports, as when required.
- Seek out cross selling opportunities.
- Support marketing and sales by providing input into content for social media posts.
- Assist with audit work, as when needed
- Perform client work as assigned by Managing Partner
- QuickBooks Advanced Pro Advisor (Desk/Online)
- Sage 50 US Edition
- 10 years of progressive accounting experience or CPA with 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Data Analytics
- Proven capability in managing relationships with small business owners
- Have patience and empathy
- Committed to clients’ success
Key qualifications and skills
- Takes ownership of work
- Results focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to complete complete work on time
- Committed to excellence and dedication
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative
- Can work independently and collaboratively
- Kind and genuine
- A fast learner
If you are interested in applying for this position, respond to us by email at [email protected]. Include:
1) Resume and three references.
About JS Morlu, LLC CPAs: JS Morlu, a CPA registered firm in Virginia and Washington DC, provides accounting and business advisory services to companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S. and abroad. At JS Morlu, we conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity, trustworthiness, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. JS Morlu offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. JS Morlu is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.