The Managing Partner has over 20+ years of technical and professional experience in auditing, financial management, accounting and consultancy. Under an international agreement, the Managing Partner was directly contracted by the European Union to serve as Auditor General for the Government of Liberia. He built the first independent external audit agency for the Government of Liberia.
He produced 67 audit reports, including 27 forensic audits, 6 operational and system audits, and 28 financial statement audits prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). The Managing Partner adopted and conducted audits in accordance with the International Standards of Supreme Institutions (ISSA), and International Standards on Auditing (ISA), prescribed by INTOSAI and IFAC, respectively. The Managing Partner conducted three audits on the basis of the Government Accountability Office’s Yellow Book.
USAID Regional Inspector General conducted a Peer Review and indicated that the audits met international standards on auditing as prescribed by INTOSAI/Yellow Book. This was a clear vote of confidence and a demonstration of commitment to quality of work. His audit reports were referenced in U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon’s reports on Liberia, and reports of U.S. State Department, Global Witness, UN Panel of Experts, and International Crisis Group, etc. Audits were also referenced in Newsweek, Foreign Policy Magazine, African Confidential, the Nation, and the Economist.
Due to high level performance in transforming public sector auditing in Liberia and English speaking Africa, in February 2010, the United States Government nominated the Managing Partner as its single nominee to serve as Under Secretary General of the United Nations for Oversight, one of the second highest posts in the United Nations. Of 137 nominations and applicants, the Managing Partner was short listed, interviewed and came in second to the former Auditor General of the World Bank. In July 2010, U.N. Secretary General Moon offered the Managing Partner the third post, the post of Chief Investigator of the United Nations. Due to the contractual agreement with the European Union, the Managing Partner declined the post.
The Managing Partner worked for Unisys Corporation’s (Fortune 500 and NYSE Listed) Division of Federal Systems as an Audit/Compliance Manager, where he audited to ensure compliance with various provisions of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and he served as a point of contact with DCAA.
The Managing Partner has worked for a Big Four Consulting Firm (BearingPoint, Inc) as a Senior Consultant. He oversaw the preparation of quarterly financial statements on the basis of the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA), Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act of 1982, Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990, Government Performance and Results Act of 1993, and Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
The Managing Partner also worked for the Washington Metro Transit Authority as a Budget Analyst. He was part of the corporate financial management team that the $1.5 billion annual operating. He was the lead budget analyst for the operating division, a division with annual budget of $650 million. He assisted the Office of the Comptroller during the A-133 Audits, and also reviewed financial statements prepared in accordance with Government Accounting Standard Board 34 (GASB 34). The Managing Partner prepared the monthly and quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors, including the write-up of budget performance and explanations for variances.
The Managing Partner also worked for Teligent Inc, a competitive exchange carrier, as Senior Financial Analyst. He oversaw the preparation of the basic financial statements, prepared on the basis of Financial Accounting Standards Board Statements (SFAS) and Security and Exchange Commission’s Staff Accounting Bulletins (SAB), especially SAB 100 and 101.
The Managing Partner served as Compliance and Budget Analyst at IREX, an international not-for-profit. He conducted audits and reviews to ensure compliance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars and played a key role in preparing the financial statements for A-133, under the Single Audit Act.
The Managing Partner served as Senior Business Analyst The Interbank Group, a northern Virginia based private equity company. As Senior Business Analyst he prepared and also evaluated pro-forma financial statements. He worked with Corporate Counsel to prepare Regulation D offerings.
The Managing Partner is an expert on public sector financial management. Due to this recognition, he has been invited to speak at international conferences including:
- Panelist, Transparency and Accountability in the Public Sector, IMF/ODI November 2010, London, England
- Panelist, Aid Effectiveness: Donor’s Accountability to the Aid Recipients, PwC March 2011, London, England
- Panelist, Balancing Multiple Calls for More Accountability, BBC World Service Trust/ODI, July 2011, British Academy, London, England
- MBA in Finance, Carey School of Business, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- MA, International Transactions, School of Public Policy, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
- BA, Double Major, Economics and Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Professional License and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), District of Columbia, Board of Accountancy, Virginia, and Maryland, USA
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), The Institute of International Auditors, USA
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), Institute of Internal Auditors, USA
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, USA
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Institute of Management Accountants, USA
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM), Institute of Management Accountants, USA
- Certified Masters in Business Administration (CMBA), International Certificate Institute, USA
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants , USA
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), America Institute of Certified Public Accountants, USA
- Certificate, Professional Ethics, America Institute of Certified Public Accountants, USA
JS Morlu, LLC Brochure
|Download the attached brochure|
Adobe Acrobat document [1813 KB]
Our Experts can help you:
Affordable Business Advisory Services
USA . CANADA . EUROPE
JS Morlu, LLC
2200 Opitz Blvd, Suite 200
Woodbridge, VA 22191,
Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM