Job ID: 3003
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lake Ridge, Virginia (Washington DC Metro)
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Min Experience: 2-3 years
Required Travel: 10-20%
Salary: Market, commensurate with verified experience
Job Description: JS Morlu is seeking an Accountant to perform accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, and day to day financial operations.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Supports the monthly close process: prepare month end journals; and review balance sheet control account.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Reviews general ledger accounts and correcting journal entries.
- Reviews all payroll related transactions and ensures that associated tax filings with local, state and federal governments are prepared and filed in a timely fashion.
- Performs account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements, payroll and intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Maintains the general ledger chart of accounts, and sets up appropriate jobs within the accounting system.
- Prepares and files all AP, AR, GL, invoices, expense reports, etc. in a timely manner.
- Ensures the appropriate charging of direct and indirect labor to cost objectives.
- Ensures that the Labor Distribution report differentiates labor expense for each labor type and, for direct labor, by contract/jobs.
- Ensures that the Labor Distribution report adequately documents all labor related dollars and hours.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual project/job cost reports using SAGE 50, QuickBooks or other general ledger software.
- Calculates indirect rates (G&A, Overhead, Fringe, and Bid & Proposal Costs) each month.
- Assists with SBA, GSA and other government reports.
- Reports on periodic variances of expense and revenue and their causes.
- Provides (DCAA, DCMA, SBA, OMB, & IG, etc.) financial and compliance audit readiness support.
- Assist with year-end audits/or financial reviews.
- Conducts initial internal control evaluations.
- Ensures that company policies and procedures update and are followed (both accounting and operational matters the account may observe) and that the financial reporting of costs and projections are fairly stated and accurate.
- Alerts Senior Accountant/Partner if the accountant feels that cost reports, cost projections or individual transactions, are not reasonable and/or should be reviewed by appropriate level management.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assists with the implementation of software to automate and streamline Finance Operations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 2 to 3 years of Financial Management experience.
- Proficient in QuickBooks/Sage 50.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Knowledge of business principles such as job costs, cost collection, analysis techniques, and project control.
- Able to work in client-oriented environment, where client management and interaction is required.
- Self-starter and proven ability to work independently (requiring minimal supervision).
- Willingness to learn government contract accounting and compliance.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate financial reports.
- Thorough, detail oriented and can handle multiple deadlines.
- Small to mid-size government contracting company is a plus.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
1) Resume and three references.
2) Assessment Form
About JS Morlu, LLC CPAs: JS Morlu, a CPA firm in Virginia and Washington, provides accounting and business advisory services to companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations in the USA and abroad. At JS Morlu, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, trustworthiness, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. JS Morlu offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. JS Morlu is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.