Job ID: 3002
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Lake Ridge, Virginia (Washington D.C. Metro)
Min Experience: 3-6 years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Reports to: Partner, CFO Services
Salary: Market, commensurate with verified experience
Job Description: JS Morlu is seeking a Senior Accountant to oversee and/or perform comprehensive accounting, financial management, and federal contracts support. This individual must have the ability to provide cross-functional support to other members of the management team, including client management and supervision of subordinate staff. This Senior Accountant position will have the opportunity to interact with multiple clients across multiple industries in the U.S. and abroad, and will assist in shaping the company’s future and will have major influence on the company’s growth.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership and manages client relationships. Supervises subordinate staff.
- Oversees month-end and year-end closing of general ledger.
- Performs and manages all aspects of accounting and bookkeeping using QuickBooks and Sage 50.
- Develops, manages and monitors corporate budget and financial forecasting.
- Manages and implements financial and accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Prepares monthly revenue entries, job cost, indirect rate management and reconciliations, and financial variance analysis.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; and preparing a trial balance.
- Manages and ensures accurate and timely completion of all contract invoicing and payments.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies.
- Analyzes financial data and prepares financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Prepares cost and financial projections for project-related RFPs and existing contracts.
- Prepares required SBA, GSA and other government reports.
- Provides (DCAA, SBA, OMB, & IG, etc.) financial and compliance audit readiness support.
- Takes the lead on year-end audits/or financial reviews.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Implements software to automate and streamline Finance Operations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 3 to 6 years of Financial Management experience.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Expert in QuickBooks/Sage 50.
- Entrepreneurial and takes initiative.
- Knowledge of job costs, cost collection, analysis techniques, and project control
- Ability to research, analyze, make recommendations, and evaluate financial reports to improve the profitability of the organization.
- A self-starter.
- Willingness to learn government contract accounting and compliance.
- MBA in Accounting or Finance/CPA/CMA/CGFM or other recognized certifications.
- Small to mid-size government contracting company experience.
- Strong computer, communication, and writing skills.
1) Resume and three references.
2) Assessment Form
About JS Morlu, LLC CPAs: JS Morlu, a CPA firm in Virginia and Washington, provides accounting and business advisory services to companies, governments and not-for-profit organizations in the U.S. and abroad. At JS Morlu, we conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity, trustworthiness, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. JS Morlu offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including full medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. JS Morlu is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.